The 12 Ways Of Christmas…
#3 – Intentional Gifting & Exchanging gifts
“As with exchanging cards people are increasingly cost conscious and recognise that over giving can cause unnecessary stress and sometimes hardship for people”
Martin Lewis has really galvanized the debate regarding “Stop Giving Rubbish” and about time too.
Once again work through your giving list and be thoughtful as to the reasons you have entered into a reciprocal giving arrangement. Many of my giving commitments were focused around children. I now have an 18 rule. I happily give to extended family ad friends children until they are 18 and then I stop.
I have made no giving agreements with friends and family and they have been only too happy to be free from the obligation of gift exchanges. Maybe I always gave rubbish gifts?
Once I am clear as to who I am buying gifts for I set the budget for each person. This way I am able to apportion funds fairly across my list.
I have now also introduced some rules relating to what I buy. Most people I know can and do get themselves what they want as and when they want it. I now prefer to give “experiences” and if I can I join in on the experience as well, all the better for everyone.
That way I am gifting both time and money and a creating precious memories to boot.
Have fantastic Christmas!
The 12 Ways of Christmas….. Click on any of the 12 Ways below to open
1. Financial Happiness: Set your budget
2. Seasonal Greetings: Sending messages at Christmas and the New Year
3. Intentional Gifting: Exchanging gifts
4. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas: Dressing your home
5. How we spell love at Christmas… TIME: Connecting with friends and family; planning travel
6. Community Connections: Attending spiritual or seasonal events and functions
7. Spending your Calories Wisely: Buying and preparing food and drink
8. More Dress less Stress: Putting together your Christmas outfits
9. It is far better to Give than to Receive: Planning charitable giving
10. Is there Room at the Inn?: Sharing your festivities
11. Give yourself the Present of Presence
12. Enjoy the Now: Take time in each moment to notice the joy and be grateful
Buy Drive-Thru Success Today
Like our posts and podcasts? You’ll love our book!
Drive-Thru Success is an interactive workbook which is helping people create a life of happiness and fulfilment
All of the daily habits, secrets of success and concepts we cover in our posts and podcasts are all in the book just waiting for you to read, ask, action and actualise!