The 12 Ways Of Christmas…
#1 – Financial Happiness – Set your budget
“Income 20 shillings. Expenditure 19 shillings. Result happiness. Income 20 shillings. Expenditure 21 shillings. Result misery.” Mr McCawber (Charles Dickens)
How true this statement is.
I used to be a credit card abuser. I would merrily shop not really looking at process safe in the knowledge it could all be paid off I the New Year. I never really knew what Christmas cost me and I never considered that I was creating expectations for others to reciprocate that were unrealistic and unfair.
It seems to me that since the credit crunch many people are now wiling to rewrite the rules of seasonal splurging.
I think the single most important thing you can do is to calculate your budget for the holidays, well actually for anything ..and stick to it!
Since I have invested in a budgetary planning routine I am much more able to balance my needs and wants and become really canny as to how I achieve my end goal in new and creative ways.
Being a slave to a credit card made me lazy and frivolous. Working within a budget makes me much more appreciative and responsible.
So step 1. Establish your affordability. If you haven’t saved for this Christmas make it a priority to save for next year. Once you know your budget for this year it will be much easier to create a savings plan for that amount for next year.
The 12 Ways of Christmas….. Click on any of the 12 Ways below to open
1. Financial Happiness: Set your budget
2. Seasonal Greetings: Sending messages at Christmas and the New Year
3. Intentional Gifting: Exchanging gifts
4. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas: Dressing your home
5. How we spell love at Christmas… TIME: Connecting with friends and family; planning travel
6. Community Connections: Attending spiritual or seasonal events and functions
7. Spending your Calories Wisely: Buying and preparing food and drink
8. More Dress less Stress: Putting together your Christmas outfits
9. It is far better to Give than to Receive: Planning charitable giving
10. Is there Room at the Inn?: Sharing your festivities
11. Give yourself the Present of Presence
12. Enjoy the Now: Take time in each moment to notice the joy and be grateful
Buy Drive-Thru Success Today
Like our posts and podcasts? You’ll love our book!
Drive-Thru Success is an interactive workbook which is helping people create a life of happiness and fulfilment
All of the daily habits, secrets of success and concepts we cover in our posts and podcasts are all in the book just waiting for you to read, ask, action and actualise!